AppSheet PDFs won’t print in Chrome on iPhone. Other PDFs work fine.

Chrome on iPhone prints other PDFs but not ones from AppSheet. AppSheet PDFs print fine in other browsers & devices.

Summary

For the past 5 months I've been successfully printing PDFs generated in AppSheet. I haven't changed the functionality but suddenly I can't do it from Chrome on iPhone. Printing seems to work in other browsers, on android devices, and on desktop. All other PDFs print fine from Chrome on iPhone which seems to suggest its not Chrome's fault. Anyway the share button doesn't work, but it only seems to be a problem with AppSheet PDFs.

Process:

I generate PDFs through a bot and then I have an action that does "External: Open a file".

I then click the icon shown below to go to the browser:

lawson (2).jpg

Once in chrome I click the arrow which should bring up the share/print dialog but it just does nothing at all or it hangs with the "Tap to cancel" wheel/modal and then that just vanishes.

generativegeorg_0-1691004368093.pnggenerativegeorg_1-1691004401298.jpeg

Anybody have a clue how to fix this?

0 4 1,072
4 REPLIES 4

Since it was working before, I suspect the browser cache might be messed up somehow.  Log out of the app and then log back in - not just close app but actually log out.  This usually "resets" the browser cache on the device.

I figured it out, you have to also be logged in to AppSheet in the browser. It doesn't seem to recognize that my user account signed into Chrome is the same account. I just had to manually sign in to AppSheet on the browser initially.

This fix no longer works. 

same issue, login in browser not a solution 

Top Labels in this Space