AppSheet Pricing

I have read and re-read the pricing model for AppSheet. And somehow I am still not able to completely understand how to quote our customer's correctly. The fear I have it misquoting which brings me here. 

Here is our business model and perhaps if I just share that, someone smarter than me can tell me exactly what my clients have to sign up for. 

We build apps for small businesses. I know they need a google workspace account. Which google workspace account tier has the APP CORE LICENSE? Can you be specific and tell me the minimum plan they need to avoid the $12 App Core License. If it's Business Starter, great. I will recommend that. If that is the case then I can say, buy the business starter google workspace plan and the app core license is included. After that, there is a $5 per cost per user. (or $10 or higher, I understand this but most of my small business clients may just go with one user and share that with their small 5 - 10 person organization.)

The next question I have is, if we build the app for them. Does the USER SIGN IN have to be from the same domain? So for example. We are building an app for a garden center and they buy the workspace account email: (PII Removed by Staff).. . Does the $5 user have to have a login with the same domain @gardencenter.com email OR can it be from another email like, (PII Removed by Staff). 

I hope my question makes sense. Its been very confusing and praying someone can clarify this for me. 

0 5 786
5 REPLIES 5

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Announcing-AppSheet-Core-included-in-more-Work...

Yes, you can have users outside of your domain. You may need to adjust some security options. See here:
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/New-AppSheet-Core-security-setting-rolling-out...

Using 1 login for multiple people can be done, but it's not great. For one, you then have no way to identify the actual user, and any functionality that you may want to build around that is impossible. Also know that there's a limit of 5 unique devices per login.

Marc - 

So are you saying that my client who does not have a workspace account. They use (PII Removed by Staff). We basically build an application for them to track their flower orders. Only her and her husband use it. I can build it for them under their gmail, and they only need to pay $5 for that one login? 

i'll try to simplify.

First, apps do NOT need to be managed by a Workspace account.  Workspace has add-ons for AppSheet and are suited for businesses that are building apps to be used by users managed under those Workspace accounts - i.e. internal business management apps.  Its not perfect right now but improving.

If your client already has a Workspace account this use the add-on, I understand it helps with management of those users accessing the app.  

If you need Domain Authentication, there is a setting in the app to turn this on and requires an AppSheet Enterprise account.  This can be acheived with or without a Workspace Account.  I am not totally clear how Workspace accounts fit into this model.

Otherwise, the plan needed by the app comes down to two questions:

1)  "Does the app need to know who the logged in user is?"  If "NO" then you can use a Publisher Pro app at $50/month.  These would "informational" type apps such as Knowledge base, Event, Questionaire, etc...type apps.

2)  If "YES", then the app will require monthly user licenses per user.  Which plan depends on the next question..."What are the needed app features?".  You will then need to cross-reference this feature list with the Pricing sheet to determine  which plan.  A basic app can probably  get away with the Starter Plan - $5/user per month.  More advanced features would need the Core Plan - $10/user per month (not $12).  If a database is required , then you need to go straight to the Enterprise Plans of which there are different levels and Pricing based on features and volume of users.

I hope this helps!

Ok, so I have another client who has the business starter plan and their email is (PII Removed by Staff), and the appsheet comes with it but I checked on our account and saw that we were in violation of the core plan license so I had to add the $12 core license to their account. 

They only have 3 employees, and track supply orders. I was advise to not use the public app for this because it has sensitive information like customer phone, address etc. So that won't work for security reasons. So I'm back to them needing just one user or two at the most. Would it be $5 for (PII Removed by Staff) and $5 for (PII Removed by Staff)? 

I have not needed to personally deal with Workspace accounts, so I donโ€™t know what is included nor any details about their licensing bundles.

I do know that since you need users to login, for identity,  you will need a license for each user.  If the app is sheet based datasource, those licenses should not be more than $10/user per month.

I suspect the $12 core license you keep mentioning is a Workspace license and includes other tools in addition to AppSheet.  If you need those other tools then itโ€™s likely a good deal but if not then check if Workspace has AppSheet only licenses OR setup licenses directly in AppSheet.

Top Labels in this Space