AppSheet Public Samples Cannot be Updated

I have an AppSheet app which is deployed and shared with some users in my domain. It allows users to click on an event and book a place. The event details are pulled from a Google Sheet in My Drive and once someone is booked onto an event, it updates a different tab on the same Sheet. It also triggers an email to be sent and a calendar invite to be created. 

The users are all shared with 'Use app' permissions as 'Users' on the 'Default' build. I have saved and deployed my app and passed all deployment checks.

All users are seeing the error 'Public Samples Cannot be Updated' when accessing the app (and attempting to book onto an event) through their browser. 

Scott3142_0-1660054711724.png

The app is not marked as a public or team sample in the 'Manage' section of the console, so I'm stumped as to what's happening. I've searched the forums and not seen anything to help as yet. 

Many thanks in advance! 

Solved Solved
0 3 2,245
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @Steve. I did this - great support provided and it solved the issue. 

For others who stumble across this with the same problem, it was a version issue. Changing the sharing permissions of your testers from 'Default' to 'Latest' worked for me:

AppSheet.png 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Thanks @Steve. I did this - great support provided and it solved the issue. 

For others who stumble across this with the same problem, it was a version issue. Changing the sharing permissions of your testers from 'Default' to 'Latest' worked for me:

AppSheet.png 

Hi Scout,

How did you get the Site Build page to showcase your app display as a phone?  I embedded the my AppSheet in my Google Sites and it did not display as a phone and I was missing my primary views.  Any suggestions?

Top Labels in this Space