AppSheet constantly breaks the formulas in a table

Wasted a huge amount of time to try to find a workaround. Last attempt before I drop AppSheet alltogether:

I have an excel file with two sheets, one where I fill the data (and the sheet that AppSheet is working on) and the second one where I run some calculations on it. I am using tables on the 2nd sheet.

I have a table with the following values:

=D2
=D3
=D4
and etc.

But every time after syncing with AppSheet it will change all the cells in the column back to =D2
Every time I have to open the excel file and do RESTORE CALCULATED FORMULA to put it back to how it should be (=D2, =D3…)

This happens in couple of tables. except one where it stays normal. I don’t know the reason for this. It doesn’t seem logical and looks like just a bug. AppSheet is not even syncing data to this sheet.

Is there a workaround for this or should I use another app and that’s it?

Thanks

0 7 383
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I read this stuff, but I don’t see the relation between my problem and this.
The formulas being broken on another sheet completely that has nothing to do with AppSheet.

I can’t say I have any experience using a worksheet that isn’t used as a data source for an AppSheet table but uses a worksheet that is, so I really can’t speak to your experience. All I can do is refer you to Support. You may indeed have found a bug.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

I suggest converting your data source to a Google Sheet rather than an Excel file. I have a similar situation where I have one Google Sheet file with two tabs (sheets). One is synced with my AppSheet app. The other is not synced but contains formulas like your =Sheet1!D2 formula to gather data.

Thanks, but not gonna work for me.
The purpose of my sheet with calculations is for PowerBI…

You should use DAX inside PowerBI instead if that’s the case

I am using PowerBI service. I don’t think it has DAX.

Top Labels in this Space