AppSheet

Hello everyone  . I am a beginner and for the first time creating my inventory management application in app sheet .  Can you please help me with below queries: 

1 ) I wanted to check if just STARTER or CORE plan will suffice my requirements .As only 1 or max 3 people will be using this app to update the data .

2 ) Can the related Google sheets ( of inventory managment I have created ) be updated manually too from back end   , if we have issues with created App please ? . Will all the formulas work same as how it does in app . 

3 )  Once I’m done with creating app, can I add extra columns ( to existing Google sheets ) or add extra page to sheets ? Will this change the way INVENTORY APP works , which is already create please ? 

Solved Solved
0 12 316
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @SP_22 

"1 ) I wanted to check if just STARTER or CORE plan will suffice my requirements .As only 1 or max 3 people will be using this app to update the data ."

Choosing Plan Starter or Core is more about functionalities you wish to use. Starter is enough.

"2 ) Can the related Google sheets ( of inventory managment I have created ) be updated manually too from back end   , if we have issues with created App please ? . Will all the formulas work same as how it does in app . "

You can, but you rather make your calculations in AppSheet, in my opinion.

"3 )  Once I’m done with creating app, can I add extra columns ( to existing Google sheets ) or add extra page to sheets ? Will this change the way INVENTORY APP works , which is already create please ? "

It will not impact if you add an extra page. If you change the data structure/columns in one page, you will need to regenerate your table structure.

For reference:

Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Tables: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

Hi @SP_22 

It's better if you share screenshot of errors here, as it may help other people in the future. Feel free to ask your questions here !

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@Aurelien wrote:

If this is it, you will probably prefer using virtual columns.

Such columns are calculated on the fly, while real columns are calculated on edition only.

For reference:

Use virtual columns - AppSheet Help

Here is the answer to your question 😉

12 REPLIES 12

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @SP_22 

"1 ) I wanted to check if just STARTER or CORE plan will suffice my requirements .As only 1 or max 3 people will be using this app to update the data ."

Choosing Plan Starter or Core is more about functionalities you wish to use. Starter is enough.

"2 ) Can the related Google sheets ( of inventory managment I have created ) be updated manually too from back end   , if we have issues with created App please ? . Will all the formulas work same as how it does in app . "

You can, but you rather make your calculations in AppSheet, in my opinion.

"3 )  Once I’m done with creating app, can I add extra columns ( to existing Google sheets ) or add extra page to sheets ? Will this change the way INVENTORY APP works , which is already create please ? "

It will not impact if you add an extra page. If you change the data structure/columns in one page, you will need to regenerate your table structure.

For reference:

Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Tables: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Thanks a lot 🙂🙏🏼. Really helpful👍🏼

Thanks a lot Aurelien . Had a quick query please , I have successfully created the INVENTORY app with out any error messages . It has 3 pages , STOCK INVENTORY , STOCK IN ( ADD ) & STOCK OUT ( RELEASE ) .
I am able to ADD & RELEASE stock from respective pages, new available balance after adding or releasing stock is also calculating properly in STOCK IN & STOCK OUT page and visible   . BUT changes are not reflecting IN STOCK INVENTORY PAGE . Kindly help . 

I assume your stock is updated when updated the inventory item.

Such columns are calculated on the fly, while real columns are calculated on edition only.

For reference:

Hi Aurelien, thanks for taking out time to respond to the queries 🙂. But to be honest , I donot have much technical background , I’m trying and learning things now . Can I share you screen shots of error via email or so please ? If u can help me on how to proceed , will be helpful please , as I’m stuck 🙏🏼. Kindly share your email if u ok pls 

Hi @SP_22 

It's better if you share screenshot of errors here, as it may help other people in the future. Feel free to ask your questions here !

Sure🙂 . So STOCK IN and STOCK OUT sheets are getting updated ( and also New Available stock is calculated )as below 

904700C0-ECDF-4B8F-A95E-902B9C54DA65.jpeg

However in STOCK INVENTORY page it is not showing the NEW AVAILABLE STOCK after addition or release of stock . It is constant as 10.

53461138-AF9E-4E1A-A06E-AF0D2E5DFA5F.jpeg

And also I have added virtual columns, basically I followed below YouTube video and did exactly the same steps . No error came . 
https://youtu.be/pfgucuUfqPY 

 Kindly help .!!! 🙂

Hello, I would like to ask you a question I haven't posted yet when putting a label How do I print it?

Hi @TT0000 

Please consider starting a new thread, and illustrate your question with a screenshot as well.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@Aurelien wrote:

For reference:

Here is the answer to your question 😉

Hi @SP_22 

Is this problem solved? If not could you post the expression for the available stock column.

It’s resolved now  . Thanks 🙂

Top Labels in this Space