Apple Sign in

EIG

Hello,
I submitted an app to Apple yesterday and found out that Apple sign in is now required, if you have a sign in option. It appears that you will most likely need both. For example, if you use Microsoft as your authentication, on the App Store it will just need an option for either Microsoft or Apple.

Will this be an option in the future for authentication?
Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 12 1,075
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for letting me know.
Weโ€™ll try to speed up the work to add Apple log in.
Yes, the process to upload apps to the app store is not the easiest.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @EIG,
Was your app submission rejected for this reason? Or was it just a warning?
Was it new app submission? Or an update to existing app?

Yeah, it was rejected because of that. See below. It was a new app submission.
Based on the link above, they started requiring it last September but any apps that are on the store already will be required to have it by April 2020. It looks like they are trying to compete more with Google to have a universal sign in for all of their apps similar to how Google uses your Google account to sign into multiple things. Submitting anything to Apple has always been a nightmare.

Thanks for letting me know.
Weโ€™ll try to speed up the work to add Apple log in.
Yes, the process to upload apps to the app store is not the easiest.

I actually donโ€™t care if it works. It just needs to have the apple sign in option, ask for user name and password, then reject them. We will never use it.

Bahbus

Good olโ€™ Apple making their platform harder and a bigger pain in the ass as always. I cannot wait to drop their devices from being supported and never touching or developing for iOS ever again.

Hi @EIG,
The apple sign is now live (sorry it took so long).
Please keep in mind that this feature is brand new and there might be some hiccups at first.
Also keep in mind that when you submit your app for a review at Apple, youโ€™ll need to make sure the reviewer can access the app using Apple sign in. This can be done by using a sample Apple account. Youโ€™ll need to give this account access to your app, and provide the credentials for the account with your submission to Apple.

Hi @Gil

The new credential for log in with Apple account. I m not testing yet, but this could work as one of the choice as cloud service provider for log in to appsheet app regardless of app being pushed to Apple App store or not?
I ve never deploy the app to apple store, but still we are able to pick up App, like we do Google, MS and others?

Hi @tsuji_koichi,
Yes, you can use sign in with Apple on Android and browser too.
2 things to note about Apple sign in:

1. Since Apple is not a data provider (Unlike Google, Microsoft, etcโ€ฆ), it canโ€™t be used by app creators, only users.
  2. Apple let users sign in with a random email address, so they wonโ€™t have to expose their actual email to the app. If a user chose this option, they wonโ€™t have access to the app unless this random address was white listed or the app allows all signed in users.

Thank you @Gil

So I suppose โ€œprivate tableโ€ feature should not be working when the app user logs in with Apple account, as there should be no place to store the private table? as well?

I dont think the private table is gonna saved to iCloud.

Koichi

Ew. Why is Apple such a trash company with trash app policies? If it wasnโ€™t such a bad move for business in general, I would just completely pull iOS support for everything.

Hi @tsuji_koichi,
Correct, Apple sign in wonโ€™t work with private tables.

Thanks @Gil
It makes sense.

Top Labels in this Space