Application Access Key expiration? Editor UI bug?

Do Application Access Keys expire?

In troubleshooting why some externally sent data didn't load into an app, I found the following response from the AppSheet API noting that an Application Access Key was rejected:

response: {"Message":"REST API invoke request failed - The ApplicationAccessKey in the HTTP header did not match any of the valid ApplicationAccessKeys for the called application."}

The exact same integration using that Application Access Key had successfully run just a few days prior. I checked the app, and indeed the relevant Application Access Key was labeled as expired. I re-enabled it, and the integration ran fine. Do Application Access Keys expire on their own?

I wonder whether the issue stems from an editor UI problem. In troubleshooting the expired Application Access Key issue, I tried creating, disabling, and re-enabling keys multiple times. The editor UI frequently displayed inconsistent information. This affected both the legacy UI and the new UI. For example, when I selected the toggle to disable a key the toggle didn't change state and, in the legacy UI, the text under the key also didn't change, while in the new UI the text under the key did change to reflect it was disabled. When a disabled key appeared in the UI as enabled, switching to the other UI usually reset the key's displayed information to be accurate.

@lizlynch: There's barely any documentation about the editor's features for managing Application Access Keys. The Enable the API for cloud-based service communication - AppSheet Help article's information is literally limited to:

Ensure that at least one unexpired Application Access Key is present.
Otherwise, click Create Application Access Key.

2 1 190
1 REPLY 1

@dbaum - FYI, this is being investigated. 

Top Labels in this Space