Apply to all the tabs of the UX the search

Hello,

My problem is, i want to apply to all tabs (Tabs 1, Tabs 2 and Tabs 3) the search from the search bar or another input from the user (the tab โ€œHomeโ€).

When i jump to another table the search disappears and shows me all the data.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 9 376
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Youโ€™ll need to put together your own search feature. The entered search must be used to configure a slice that actually filters the data. Your views must then display data from the slice.

See also:

Hello Steve,
Thanks for the quick reply

I have already look to slice, but i donโ€™t know how to say in the row filter condition formula to let the user choose his row.
I had try "[name of the column of my folder] = โ€œ[one specific folder]โ€ (for example โ€œ[Technical_Folder]=[20-H112-]โ€) Itโ€™s work but the user cannoโ€™t choose another folder.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Greetings from France

You would need a separate table to record the userโ€™s search. Youโ€™d probably want one row per user in this search table, and would reuse the userโ€™s row each time the user performs a new search. The slice row filter would then reference the userโ€™s search row. Note that youโ€™ll need a separate slice for each table you want filtered.

Hello Steve,
Thanks

I have already tried another search table inside google sheets, but the links between other tables donโ€™t work ("=" fonction from the search form). The row edited is the last, not the โ€œselectedโ€ row.

Can you please explain me further how? Thanks in advance for your time

None of this makes any sense to me. Can you restate it another way?

3X_e_6_e64648c7bd0e57c32296b352b271ab8f2c870323.png

What is your intention with this expression?

Sorry. I explain.

Previously i have a search table.

When a user search an item, itโ€™s wrote inside the sheets.
But when another user used it, itโ€™s wrote another rowโ€ฆ etcโ€ฆ

I have give up this solution.

iโ€™m searching in another solution (a yes/no slice)

My intention was to leave the user select her โ€œfolderโ€ (DT) inside the table โ€œForm_tfโ€.

Here is my slice

If you put all of your tabs into a single dashboard, then the search will apply to all of them at the same time.

Hello Marc,
Thanks for your reply

I have already tried, but in the folder we have to much data cut-out in different sector (Client wish, our order for our mechanics (detailled), tools used in the operations, signature of the accredited mechanicsโ€ฆ and many more) having so much data in a row is unreadable for everyone in the company

Top Labels in this Space