Apply to all the tabs of the UX the search

Hello,

My problem is, i want to apply to all tabs (Tabs 1, Tabs 2 and Tabs 3) the search from the search bar or another input from the user (the tab “Home”).

When i jump to another table the search disappears and shows me all the data.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 9 373
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You’ll need to put together your own search feature. The entered search must be used to configure a slice that actually filters the data. Your views must then display data from the slice.

See also:

Hello Steve,
Thanks for the quick reply

I have already look to slice, but i don’t know how to say in the row filter condition formula to let the user choose his row.
I had try "[name of the column of my folder] = “[one specific folder]” (for example “[Technical_Folder]=[20-H112-]”) It’s work but the user canno’t choose another folder.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Greetings from France

You would need a separate table to record the user’s search. You’d probably want one row per user in this search table, and would reuse the user’s row each time the user performs a new search. The slice row filter would then reference the user’s search row. Note that you’ll need a separate slice for each table you want filtered.

Hello Steve,
Thanks

I have already tried another search table inside google sheets, but the links between other tables don’t work ("=" fonction from the search form). The row edited is the last, not the “selected” row.

Can you please explain me further how? Thanks in advance for your time

None of this makes any sense to me. Can you restate it another way?

3X_e_6_e64648c7bd0e57c32296b352b271ab8f2c870323.png

What is your intention with this expression?

Sorry. I explain.

Previously i have a search table.

When a user search an item, it’s wrote inside the sheets.
But when another user used it, it’s wrote another row… etc…

I have give up this solution.

i’m searching in another solution (a yes/no slice)

My intention was to leave the user select her “folder” (DT) inside the table “Form_tf”.

Here is my slice

If you put all of your tabs into a single dashboard, then the search will apply to all of them at the same time.

Hello Marc,
Thanks for your reply

I have already tried, but in the folder we have to much data cut-out in different sector (Client wish, our order for our mechanics (detailled), tools used in the operations, signature of the accredited mechanics… and many more) having so much data in a row is unreadable for everyone in the company

Top Labels in this Space