Applying Validation on forms with cascaded input fields

Hi,
Problem statement says, I've dependent input fields in form, let say we have 3 fields
a,b,c... if a says true b should be available for input and if a is false c should be available..
let's say
1. user first set a as true and fill in the input field b. then he set 'a' input field to false now we only see the c input field. but there is value filled in input field b which will store in database. But when we set a to false, it is supposed that b should be emptied but it is not.

I used reset on edit but that will work in edit form only not while adding the data like in real time.
I created actions, name them as checks they will run and set the values of b or c input field to blank based on the value we give to input field "a"... that work fine..

it is working fine if all the cascaded values are in same tab of particular form but not in tabs inside the form... is there is any other better way to handle this scenario or this is the supposed behavior.

0 7 197
7 REPLIES 7

My typical way to handle that is to make [A] not editable if either [B] or [C] is not blank.

So in that case if he wants to change the value or [A], he will delete the values related to it in subsequent column by himself, Thanks for this solution.

@Marc_Dillon , I've been facing issue in following up the article, I followed steps given in the link below, also my table have 86 columns. but by default freezing first column is not working. How I can configure it . also is it possible to stick the last column on the screen. 
[Table View] Freezing the first Column of a Table ... - Google Cloud Community

Do you meet the conditions, as listed in that article, particularly the first one? Do you have the "preview new features" option on? No, you can't freeze the last column.

Okay, I did not turn on the preview new features button.
It will also work fine in production environment, 
some other features also quick edit, input function. Right!!

Is that a question?

It is not recommended to use the 'preview new features' option on production apps.

Okay

Top Labels in this Space