Appointment for a specific time slot

Hi - I am creating an appointment app that allows visitors to book a time slot(1 hour space).

Maximum number of visitor allowed within that 1 hr time slot is 10.

Questions i have is :

How can user select the time slot from the list?

How can we ensure that not more that 10 visitors are allowed in that time slot?

Please let me know if i can refer an example app

0 6 654
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Use a column of type EnumList.

Use a Valid If expression.

See also:

Thanks Steve. I have used EnumList for Time but my requirement is to show time slots if Number of person in that time slot is < 10

I used Valid_if expression as SELECT(TableName[Time], [Number of Person] = 5). The problem is EnumList values are not showing up while doing the first entry itself.

Where is “the list” ?

You’ll need an expression similar to the following for your valid if

COUNT( FILTER( appointmentsTable , [time] = [_THISROW].[time] ) ) <= 9

Its a EnumList

I already have a column called “Number of Person” which i allow user to enter. Should i create this a virtual column and add above as a formula?

I mean the list of time slots, where is that?

Are you saying that 1 appointment can have more than 1 person in it? And multiple appointments can be scheduled for the same slot, but max of 10 people? If so, then you’re valid_if expression would have to change to something like this instead:

SUM( SELECT( appointmentsTable[Number of Person] , [time] = [_THISROW].[time] ) ) < 10

I haven’t created a separate list of time slots. I have directly configured them as EnumList in column.

Yes you are right. I am looking at row representation as follows
Time Slot Number of Person
9:00 AM 5
9:00 AM 2
9:00 AM 3
10:00 AM 5
and so on

Tried this. But sorry it didn’t work
Here’s the link. Not sure if you can access it https://www.appsheet.com/newshortcut/9636fc8f-c49a-409d-a3fd-6ff98aca2a73

Top Labels in this Space