Appsheet Database & App Script

Curious if the following is possible with Appsheets native database format, I know it is via google sheets - but would like to use the database due to other limitations with Google Sheets from a scale & call perspective.

Sync Google Workspace Directory with Appsheet database via app script. Any changes made within appsheet app to a users title, phone, email, company, etc to be synced back to the Workspace Directory. Any new users to the workspace added to the database with a trigger.  

Solved Solved
0 2 188
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lochtefeldm wrote:

Sync Google Workspace Directory with Appsheet database via app script

You couldn't access the AppSheet database directly.  You would interact with the data set through the AppSheet app.  

Additionally, there isn't any pre-built integrations where AppSheet can send/receive Workspace details.

HOWEVER, there likely is a Workspace API of some sort.  If that API supports access to User profile details, then you can use AppSheet automation to send and receive that data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@lochtefeldm wrote:

Sync Google Workspace Directory with Appsheet database via app script

You couldn't access the AppSheet database directly.  You would interact with the data set through the AppSheet app.  

Additionally, there isn't any pre-built integrations where AppSheet can send/receive Workspace details.

HOWEVER, there likely is a Workspace API of some sort.  If that API supports access to User profile details, then you can use AppSheet automation to send and receive that data.

This is a dealbreaker for me as I have to be able to use Apps Script to read from the data source.  Could this please be added?

Top Labels in this Space