Appsheet Google Calendar [Creator]

Hello,

I am having issues with the Google Calendar data source and the [Creator] column. I have slice views dependent on the [Creator] column being equal to the USEREMAIL(). I also have the initial value of [Creator] set to auto compute USEREMAIL() when an event is created.

For some reason after I save an event on this google calendar table, the [Creator] is consistently being saved as my administrative email, and not being saved as USEREMAIL(). This is the same whether I am emulating another app user on the appsheet website, OR if I am logged in as another app user on another device and create an event.

Any and all help is greatly appreciatedโ€”thanks!

0 6 369
6 REPLIES 6

Iโ€™m not a Google Calendar user but, might be the case that [Creator] cannot be overwritten and will always be as the account that has given access to Google Calendar on AppSheet as the Data Source?

Oofโ€”I hope that is not the caseโ€ฆthanks for your input.

That is correct.
Currently, no option is given to change the creator value which is always app owners account.
I simply guess, this is because of Google Calendar API Appsheet is using to integrate.

Make sense since AppSheet needs to work โ€˜on behalfโ€™ of the email account that has given access to Google Calendar.
Anyway, this should be the same on Google Calendar with the difference that they might not tell you the โ€œcreatorโ€ field since it should be always you, itโ€™s your calendar

this "issue" has not changed till now, whats the meaning of having a google calendar integration in an app that is used for a lot of people if no one else than the admin can "create" events for the calendar? i know that we can create a calendar inside the app, but having integrated with google calendar for every user at least in the same domain (i used google workspace in my organization) would be awesome.

It's easy to fix in the description field add the useremail() along with the id, and then, slice views filter : (any(EXTRACTEMAILS([Description])) = USEREMAIL())

Top Labels in this Space