Appsheet Navigation

arc
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

I had created a form view on appsheet to take user input and based on the keywords entered by the user, he is redirected to a filtered dashboard showing various charts. One important thing is the dashboard that I created is a reference view, so it's not visible till a user enters something in the form and clicks on 'save'. The problem is when I click on the back button in the dashboard view, instead of the previous view (form view), I'm taken straight to the parent view (home screen). Therefore, I cannot navigate back to the previous view, which is the form view for taking user inputs. Can anyone help, please?  

0 4 117
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

There's no way to accomplish this natively, but if you wanted to create a complex series of actions you could manage to accomplish this.

You'd need to know where the person came from, and then create an action to take the person, at that place, back where they came from.

Depending on how you're building your app, sometimes this might be a relatively straightforward thing. If you know that a person needs to go back to a specific form, you can create an action dedicated to that.

The problem is with identifying the record that the person has to go to; but again, depending on how you're building your system you could take that information along with you in a certain way so you know where to go back to.

That's just really kind of the tip of the iceberg.... It's possible, as most things are in AppSheet, it just depends on how much work you want to put into it. 

Hi @MultiTech, thank you for your response. Yeah, I created a 'link to view' action on the dashboard view that takes me back to the previous form when I click on it. However, the back button always takes me back to the parent view. This becomes a little inconvenient for the user if he wishes to use the form again. I wanted to know if we can create an action on the back  button so that one can navigate back to the previous screen.

It is not possible to affect that system back button, no.

okay, thanks! 

Top Labels in this Space