Appsheet Schema Regeneration Woes

When I regenerate the schema that is connected to an Appsheet Database, Initial Values are written where they are not required.

This is happening with any sort of [Date] fields.

I have checked within the Appsheet Database and examined the columns.  There does not appear to be a place where you can specifiy an Initial Value.

I can delete the initial value from within the Appsheet Editor and save...all is well, but if I have to regen the schema at any time, then the initial values reappear and stuff up my row logic...is this a known bug?

0 3 103
3 REPLIES 3

I had similar problems with both AppSheet DB and mysql stores.  Best way I've found to avoid it is to stop using AppSheet DB.  

Agreed!

What's wrong with a Google Sheet?

Google Sheets are truly amazing!  I'm just getting far too many Internal Error 500s and sync errors lately.  I'd always had it in the back of my mind to move the data to a MySQL data store, but thought I'd try the ASDB option. 

I've also discovered that I've been give Appsheet Core facilities for ASDBs even though I am on Appsheet Enterprise (Custom) due to being an AppMaker user previously.  So I am limited to 10 databases and all the other crap that comes with that option 🙄 so it's looking like a non starter anyway.

I'm going through a big regrets phase at the moment with this platform.  Just too many bugs and everyday niggles. 

Top Labels in this Space