Appsheet X Workspace : licensing question

Hey dear community,

I have a question regarding Appsheet and Workspace licensing, this is my situation : 

I have three companies apps, and each have a different admin account. But, they are all using the same domain name for e-mail adresses. 

Do I have to transfer all the apps to a single admin account if I want them to have licences included in Workspace ?

Solved Solved
1 4 176
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I don't believe so.  Each AppSheet account is based on an email address - not the Domain.  It is my understanding that you can have several AppSheet accounts based on different Workspace addresses, each using the same Domain, and having their own set of apps.  As long as each account address is managed by Workspace, they will get the advantages of Workspace account features.

On the other hand, if you have many user licenses, there might be financial benefits of having them under a single AppSheet account.  This would require a conversation with your Sales rep.  And I don't know how that might impact Workspace Admin management over the users under that Admin account.

View solution in original post

@baba_sawane wrote:

If you have subscribed to AppSheet Core licenses through appsheet.com or Google Workspace, they may no longer be necessary if your app users are also part of your Workspace organization

In this context, "your" refers to the AppCreator, or more precisely the email used for the AppSheet account.  Any other users added to the app who are part of that same Workspace domain, likely will not need additional licenses.

It is always possible to add users who are part of a different Workspace account.  They WILL need licenses to use "your" app.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't believe so.  Each AppSheet account is based on an email address - not the Domain.  It is my understanding that you can have several AppSheet accounts based on different Workspace addresses, each using the same Domain, and having their own set of apps.  As long as each account address is managed by Workspace, they will get the advantages of Workspace account features.

On the other hand, if you have many user licenses, there might be financial benefits of having them under a single AppSheet account.  This would require a conversation with your Sales rep.  And I don't know how that might impact Workspace Admin management over the users under that Admin account.

Thanks for the answer. It makes sense, while thinking of it, we neither need to buy licenses through appsheet nor affect them through Workspace admin console, as long as the Workspace's plan include appsheet. 

The only worrying thing is the "your" in this note : 

Note: If you have subscribed to AppSheet Core licenses through appsheet.com or Google Workspace, they may no longer be necessary if your app users are also part of your Workspace organization and have access to AppSheet Core. To determine how many app users are part of your Workspace org and no longer require Core licenses, go to My Account > App Info. To cancel your existing Core license subscriptions, visit your AppSheet Billing settings

I'll ask support wether if : 
  • It's a langage abuse, and it doesn't matter. 
  • It means that the appsheet admin account e-mail need to be part of the workspace organization
From your knowledge, did you ever administrate appsheet with a Workspace plan while having an admin account with a different e-mail domain ? 

Have a great day !

@baba_sawane wrote:

If you have subscribed to AppSheet Core licenses through appsheet.com or Google Workspace, they may no longer be necessary if your app users are also part of your Workspace organization

In this context, "your" refers to the AppCreator, or more precisely the email used for the AppSheet account.  Any other users added to the app who are part of that same Workspace domain, likely will not need additional licenses.

It is always possible to add users who are part of a different Workspace account.  They WILL need licenses to use "your" app.

Amazing. Thanks for the info !

Top Labels in this Space