Appsheet and working with external audience data

Total newbie with App Sheet.

Does app sheet work with people outside of your company, like customers?

I'd like to build an app that can assist my clients with tracking shipments that get sent to their employees. My company designs employee engagement packages which we send to our clients employees all over the world. 

In the process, we end up having to maintain our clients onboard/offboard lists quite closely. Our client is still using spreadsheets with name address.

We'd like to keep this information but then add additional data so our client can track what stage our product development and shipping is at.

This would probably include:
- Employee Engagement Package 'In-Production'
- Employee Engagement Package 'Shipped'
- Employee Engagement Package 'Received'
- Employee Engagement Package 'Not Delivered'

It would be terrific if our client could enter a new employee 'on-board' so that we could then start shipping the engagement products to them and our client could track this.

Yes, we could and are doing this in a shared spreadsheet but when the list gets to a couple hundred people I am realizing the downside of this approach. Hoping app sheet can help.

0 4 109
4 REPLIES 4

Appsheet is not generally good for client-facing things like that. It can certainly be done functionally, the issue is mainly cost, as Appsheet pricing is per user per month. 

Very good point, cost could add up fast in this case.

Could there be another case where there are just a few users, as in our team and our client team, maybe 6 people and we treat 'employees' just as data and not have employees log into  the app?

So we would manage a list (employees) and add additional data to each item (employee) in the list like in production, shipped, received etc.

I don't see why not.

It would also be possible to cost-effectively (pay per app, not per user) maintain a separate app for employees to access as long as you don't require user authentication. For example, if you distributed shipment tracking numbers and can accept that anyone who enters a given tracking number will receive whatever data you provide via the app.

Top Labels in this Space