Appsheet: can't figure out how to work with start expressions and related tables

Hi there,

I'm quite new to Appsheets, starting to implement it in my company.

I didn't find a tutorial or page where I could really understand how to work with Start expressions and with Select, mostly because I need to show a related table value in a pdf template for a report.

Screenshot_20231027_092617_Docs.jpg

This should show tables with Status, descriptions and images (table 3) for each Category (table 2).

Below there is all the tables' types and names, if this help somehow.

Screenshot_20231027_092722_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231027_092802_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231027_092905_Chrome.jpg

And I didn't get there yet because I need this to work first so I can find out, but the Images column shall show the picture, not only the value.

Hope someone can help me out with this. 

0 3 224
3 REPLIES 3

If understanding of your requirement is correct,

1)  Please add a virtual column called say [Status Pending Images] in the "ASC" table with an expression something like SELECT([Related ASCImagen][Row ID], [Solucionado]="Pendente")

The type of this column should be list type, with element type as ref and referenced table name as "ASCImagen"

2) Please add a VC called say [All Status Pending Images] in the "Relatorio" table with an expression something like 

SPLIT(TEXT([Related ASCs][Status Pending Images]),",")

The type of this column should be list type, with element type as ref and referenced table name as "ASCImagen"

3) Then the start expression within the template table can be something like 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1698418851729.png

I think you will also need a closing <<END>> statement for <<START: [Related ASCs]>><<[Etapa]>> something like below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1698419060690.png

Sorry, but it didn't work. I followed as you described but still something is wrong. Could you please take a look again?

<<START: [All Status Pending Images]>><<Solucionado>>

Screenshot_20231027_141148_Docs.jpg

And again here is the structure:

Screenshot_20231027_141301_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231027_141331_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231027_141407_Chrome.jpg

Inside ASC table I created a virtual column:

Screenshot_20231027_142132_Chrome.jpg

And inside Relatรณrio table I created the other virtual column you mentioned:

Screenshot_20231027_142206_Chrome.jpg

I really thought this time it was going to work. I believe it might be something simple I didn't see.

Could you update in what way it is not working.

Also hope you ensured that the two newly added columns are of type list, element type ref and referenced table as ASCImagen.

Is the statement <<START: [Related ASCs] >> inside a hidden table cell by any chance?

There could be something else in template that could be causing an issue. The templates need specific formats , especially the way <<START >> and <<END>> expressions are coded. A minor variation can cause an issue. 

I will try to test in a similar setup and revert.

Top Labels in this Space