Appsheet counting pre-deployment users as requiring a licence

I deployed my first app about 10 days ago (yay!) - prior to that the app was being tested by 9 people including myself.

Since it has been deployed (in fact since at least a week prior to deployment) a maximum of 4 users have been using the app and I have licences for up to 5 users. Login is required so there shouldn't be an 'guests' and none show up in the logs.

Yet Appsheet is emailing me saying that there are 9 users within the last 30 days and I need to buy more licences. 

Surely only the users since app deployment should be counted towards the licence requirement and not those that were testing the prototype prior to deployment?

1 4 79
4 REPLIES 4

Please reach out to AppSheet Support.  I'm sure they will adjust it for you. 

What is odd is how does AppSheet know what dates to check retro-actively for?  I.e. what do they think are the billing dates?  It is my understanding that the initial Billing date is when the app is first deployed.  Might you have deployed the app in the past and then returned it to Prototype mode?  Regardless, I think AppSheet will still adjust for you!

No, this is my first app and it's first deployment, so it's a mystery to me!  The actual deployment date was the 7th Dec but the number of users testing had dropped to current levels by Nov 26th.

So the word from Google Support is:
Appsheet does count pre-deployment users once the app is deployed.
You can have 10 users while the app is in prototype, but once it is deployed, you need a licence for all users.

That's rediculous ๐Ÿ˜ก

...... so if you develop an app that has 10 testers up to deployment date and 1 actual user once it's deployed you'll need 11 licenses for the first 30 days!!!

Top Labels in this Space