Appsheet data named ranged issues(Unable to set name ranged to existing and new data)

Appsheet data named ranged issues(Unable to set name ranged to existing and new data)

Data is coming from a "New Hire" form via Qualtrics form. This only occurs, when I start to reference the sheet using my Appsheet App. I am unable to capture the new data in a predefined range. I've posted 3 pictures below, with the Appsheet data, before any additions, after a new entry is made with defined range, and an entry with no range or empty rows. I am trying to reference the app sheet data in another Google sheet to run different operations on this data, that will not be needed to be run in the app. Let me know what I can do in this case?

What I'm trying to do: I'm trying to reference the Appsheet data in another google sheet that will run a custom App script operation on the referenced data. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated Appsheet Community!

Picture Descriptions:

OnboardRangePre: 

This is the Appsheet before a new entry has come through. You can see I have a defined range and extra blank rows. 

OnboardRangePost: 

After a new entry has come in, via the form, it is added after the defined range, also, if there are blank rows and no defined row, app sheet will add after the last blank row. 

OnboardRangeRangePost:

After taking out the defined range, and eliminating all the blank rows, the entry comes in after the previous entry. 

OnboardingRangePostOnboardingRangePostOnboardingPostOnboardingPostOnboardingPreOnboardingPre

0 2 49
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There are many spreadsheet features that are incompatible with AppSheet. It appears named ranges is one of them.

Make an "AppSheet-friendly" spreadsheet - AppSheet Help

When I tested this, rows are created right after the last row with data regardless of named ranges defined or not.

Your sheet may be somehow 'broken'. I would try to re-create the sheet but not sure if that would resolve your situation...

Top Labels in this Space