Appsheet doesn´t sync with google sheets because of rows limitations

The APP stop syncing after a few days because data reach 1000 rows available by default on google sheet. I know that I can add more manually.

¿There is a way that appsheet or google sheets add more rows automatically if the data reach the rows available by default?

Solved Solved
0 12 896
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Formulas used in GS may be the reason. I don't put any formula in GS but use virtual column in AppSheet instead. I've never seen this problem since I used AppSheet creating many apps so far (2 years+).

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

That doesn't sound right. My observation is that when new rows are added to a Google sheet via AppSheet, the sheet's total number of rows is increased if necessary, just as if I had manually added blank rows in the sheet. Maybe you've hit some other limit (although that seems unlikely with only 1K rows)?

It seems more likely that something else is going on.

Afaik, AppSheet has no limit related to the amount of rows your database can have and/or AppSheet can/will process from your database

If you're using google sheets as your database, remember that google sheets can handle 10M cells. I don't think that's an issue.

I've tested, AppSheet could handle Google Sheet having 100,000 rows (not blank).

Thanks to all for the answers, I will try to explain it different.

As you mentioned I tested that appsheet and google sheets can work with many rows as I need at the moment.

The problem is when data reach 1000 rows the app stop syncing, the final user need to notify me, then I go to the google sheet database and manually click add 1000 rows and app sync normally.

At the moment I solve it by adding 10000 rows to the database.

My question is if I´m doing something wrong in the settings that appsheet doesn´t add new rows if data reach available rows in the database or is the way it should work and the process of doing manually is the only way.

So this could be a problem with your GSheets config and not directly AppSheet?

I suggest you to contact support and send them a screenshot of your problem

Formulas used in GS may be the reason. I don't put any formula in GS but use virtual column in AppSheet instead. I've never seen this problem since I used AppSheet creating many apps so far (2 years+).

I think you need to have a Script that adds rows to the Google sheet table when only a certain number of empty rows exist. This is not dealt by appsheet directly but you could have a Script to add rows and the that script is made to run in automation within appsheet. I am not a Google Script expert but this is how it can be done

Isn't there a way to prevent GSheet from that behaviour? I don't have any of this on MSExcel

google sheets is frugal in terms of storage. By default it has only 1000 rows added. You have to add more rows manually. 

That would be true if you are dealing with a G Sheet directly and manually entering in the rows of data but NOT from AppSheet.  AppSheet uses the Google API to add new rows to the G Sheet as needed.   

In fact, it is recommended that each G Sheet is trimmed to its existing data - rows and columns -  so AppSheet can read the data from the sheets more efficiently.

Thanks for this information. This helps a lot. 

Top Labels in this Space