Appsheet for School Car Rider Line

I'm wanting to create an Appsheet for a school car rider line to make the process more efficient. I want to make QR codes for each student that can be scanned with Appsheet and will upload to a Google Sheet that teachers inside the building can see. I want 2 tables: 1. one of the Google Sheet with the running list of scanned names, and 2. one with a QR scanner, with a dropdown of all the student names so I can choose from one in case parents forget their QR code. I've played with Appsheet the last couple of days, but can't figure out the drop down with student names.

0 1 105
1 REPLY 1

So you're going to need a minimum of 2 tables.  One will be a list of all students with their name, QR Code, an ID number and anything other useful info (maybe photo?).  Then another table to record each time a student gets a ride.  We'll call these Student and Rider.

You've said that you're going to accept either a QR Code or a drop down of their names.  But having 2 Ref columns is going to make it really messy later on.  So I suggest you have 3 columns 

Rider[QR Code]
Just a column where you can scan QR Codes. This will need a validIF to check it matches a record in Student[QR Code] e.g.
IN([_This],Student[QR Code])
Rider[Name]
To get a simple dropdown list you just need Student[Name] as your valid if. The valid if generates only a list of valid names.
Rider[StudentID]
This is where the forumla needs to lok at Rider[QR Code] and Rider[Name] and use them to get Rider[StudentID], the key value for the student table.
IF(
ISNOTBLANK([QR Code]),
ANY(Select(Student[ID],[QR Code]=[_ThisRow].[QR Code])),
  ANY(Select(Student[ID],[Name]=[_ThisRow].[Name]))
)

I've built a very similar system for a client that used QR Codes as a clock in / clock out type system.  So DM me if you need some more help on this.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚  

Simon, 1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space