Appsheet for Student Academic Records

Good day, 

I am trying to create an app that will allow for a higher leveled view of grade results per subject per test. I cant seem to find any templates that would be suit the job. 

I have the following tabs to break the info down:
manager (with level and grade)
Student Info (with level, grade, and ID)
Math results (based on ID and Name)
English Results(based on ID and Name)

I got the manager cards down, but then when i try to create a data view of English for example, it still shows me just the data from the student ID level instead of the grade level which I want. I am really at a loss on how best to do it. Is there a template I could follow to help set me off on my way?

Thank you in advance

0 3 256
3 REPLIES 3

So you've hit the first snagg most people get with appsheet.  The templates are great for learning.  But its actually harder to manipulate them than to just create the app from scratch.

My suggestion would be to create two tables - People and Results.  Results being a subtable of People.  That way you'd add a student as a People, then in the subtable add a Result.  In the People table you'll need an ENUM of either Student or Manager.  In the Results you'll want an ENUM column for either Maths or English.  Also in the results You'll need 2 x REF columns which point to the People table.  The first will automatically add the student.  The second to choose the Manger that did the grading.

If this isn't clear then either start reading here or consider paying myself of one of the other Appsheet devs 15-30mins to get this all roughed up for you.

Hi, came across this thread.

What type of cost are we looking at for something like this? 

Thanks, 

I'll DM you

Top Labels in this Space