Appsheet is corrupting the Excel source data on save, if Excel has coloured text(?)

Hi,

I'm using my app to update a record, but then the App won't sync after saved - it says the definition is missing (or something). When I look at the Excel directly, Excel says it is corrupt and it is mostly blank after Excel tried to fix it up.

Happily, Dropbox can retrieve the previous version.

I tried the same update a second time, and the same corruption happened.

The only thing that is unusual is that some of the text in the cell had a colour within the original Excel file. If I edit the Excel directly, updating the text and removing the colour in the cell, then AppSheet is happy to display and also can then update the record successfully.

Is this a known problem?

0 4 336
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Chris_Green 

Please post the error message. 

Hi @Lynn ,

The error displayed after I save the record is:

Unable to fetch app definition.

Error: Unable to read the spreadsheet for 'Concert' due to spreadsheet reader error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1294, position 197. Error: Data table 'MusicinRomsey-670554:1.000360:Concert' is not available Error: The data for this view cannot be found. Please select a new data table in the view settings. Error: Unable to read the spreadsheet for 'Performers' due to spreadsheet reader error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1294, position 197. Error: Data table 'MusicinRomsey-670554:1.000360:Performers' is not available Error: The data for this view cannot be found. Please select a new data table in the view settings. Error: Unable to read the spreadsheet for 'Facilities' due to spreadsheet reader error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1294, position 197. Error: Data table 'MusicinRomsey-670554:1.000360:Facilities' is not available Error: The data for this view cannot be found. Please select a new data table in the view settings. Error: Unable to read the spreadsheet for 'Fees' due to spreadsheet reader error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1294, position 197. Error: Data table 'MusicinRomsey-670554:1.000360:Fees' is not available Error: The data for this view cannot be found. Please select a new data table in the view settings.

And then if I try to open the spreadsheet in Excel, it says "We found a problem with some content in ..." and almost all the data is gone when it tries to repair the damage.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space