Apsheet inteprets comma decimal as thousands

This is the situation I am not able to figure out.

I have a spreadhseet with externally managed data, which stores the numeric value as decimal with a dot as a decimal separator.

That value is used inside Appsheet, due to browser config I see it with a comma as a decimal separator, till now, no problem with that, as everybody will see it based on their config, but the value will still be the same.

The problem rises when I store that value, using appsheet, in a different spreadsheet. It is stored with the comma instead of dot. Now when I read from appsheet that second value, appsheet interprets is thousands, and not decimalsโ€ฆ

What I noticed is that the value is stored like that in the form, when creating the record with appsheet, so I assume there is nothing I can do in spreadsheet.

Is there a way I can force it to store it with a dot? Or should I use a differente approach.

Mainly my issue is that 34.5, becomes 3450,00โ€ฆ

I tried to reproduce the issue on a clean app, and was not able, there it was behaving as expected. Any idea what can make it behave that way? I added a screenshot where you can see how appsheet interprets the comma value as thousands.
3X_9_b_9b95552e6d55fe2e9d58fafb1c1a7865d4563f12.png

Solved Solved
1 2 696
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems the issue is realted to spreadsheet formattingโ€ฆ Once I set it to have the same format as apsheet was saving the data, all seems to work as expectedโ€ฆ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It seems the issue is realted to spreadsheet formattingโ€ฆ Once I set it to have the same format as apsheet was saving the data, all seems to work as expectedโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space