Are headers and footers supported in Google Docs Templates for Emails and Attachments?

Hi,

I am creating an email report using a Google Docs template that I have previously formatted. I noticed that the headers and footers are not being correctly rendered in the email subject or the PDF attachment.

For example this is the second page of the template (after a cover letter and a table of contents):

jrullan_0-1658505813656.png

And this is the actual PDF page corresponding to this template:

jrullan_1-1658505927155.png

It doesnt show the headers and footers.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 5 199
5 REPLIES 5

They are not.

Oh, that's too bad.  It would have made this an incredibly robust integration and solution. 

It would be nice if if could be suggested to the devs. 

It has been. I wouldn't hold your breathe. There are multiple ways to achieve headers and footers. @SkrOYC has extensive posts about creating HTML templates, including how to handle headers and footers. Or you can build a complex GDoc template with appropriate template IFS to dynamically handle pagination, assuming you've tested ahead of time and know how many record fit on each page.

Wow! @SkrOYC thank you for taking the time to create a workaround for formatting reports. It's quite a read, but from what I have read so far it is worth looking into it. I'll be digging into it in the following days. 

Top Labels in this Space