Ask for the password then open

When I click the download section ask for the password then open the download section view page. It's possible. 

Capture.PNG

0 5 141
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How is this related to AppSheet?

The only thing I can imagine is a form view that takes you to another view once saved with the right "password"

Passwords cannot be managed by AppSheet. Instead, you can have a list of authorized users that can see the Download Section view. 

Can I set login permissions?

One way to do it:

Let's say you have a Users table. This table contains an "email" column and a "Role" column. Each of your app users will have his email and an assigned role, or permission. 

Now suppose that you want to give access to this view only to users who have the role "management", and not anyone else. You should open your Download Section view from the UX, and in Display inside the view, put this expression in the Show if field:

IN(USEREMAIL(), SELECT(usersTable[email], [Role] = "management"))

Please note that this will hide this particular view from users who do not belong the management group, but these users will still be able to access the table from other parts of the app like an inline view for example or see the contents of a reference column based on this table. 

A better approach, if you have Core Plan, is to use security filters. For this go to your Download Section table in Data and set the table's security filter using the same expression above. 

Top Labels in this Space