Assign first value

Hi. Is there a way (expression) for Appsheet to pick the first value (Row 2) in Google sheet and assign the value to the column?

For example, 

Product name (Table)               Name (Column in Appsheet): AAA (get the first value in Product name                                                                                                                      table)                                  

1. AAA
  2. AAB
  3. AAC

Solved Solved
0 3 87
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
LOOKUP(
  MIN(Product table[_ROWNUMBER]),
  "Product table",
  "_ROWNUMBER",
  "Product name"
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @snerdya 

I think you may have over simplified your question. I have no idea what you are asking.  Could you please add more info. 

If you are wanting to change the source COLUMN NAME to a new name based on the value in the first row using a function or automation, my simple answer is -- No.

(While technically doable, its not advised. Mainly because such a change can cause lots of other issues if not addressed. Kinda like when you get a new phone number but don't tell anyone.)

However, if you are wanting to create a NEW COLUMN with a column name based on the value in your source column's first data row then the answer is -- Yes.

One way to create a new column is to create an Action and invoke that action. 

Learn More

You are looking for the Run a data action and then the section on how to add a column under Set row values.  

If there is a column line already, delete it. Then click Add.

After you click Add to add a new column, leave the column selector set to blank. Add the formula:

SELECT(Product name[Name],[_RowNumber]=2)

When this action is invoked, it should result in creating a new column with the name based on your [Name] column's first data row (row 2) with the value AAA.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
LOOKUP(
  MIN(Product table[_ROWNUMBER]),
  "Product table",
  "_ROWNUMBER",
  "Product name"
)
Top Labels in this Space