Assistance w/ Interactive Dashboard

Hello amazing AppSheet community,

I'm hoping to get some assistance with a Punch List App. When in Project Status, I would like the ability to list the Team and when one selected, then it'll show the projects which reference that name. For each project I have Project Manager and Foreman column. Now, the problem that I'm running into is that I can see the projects for the Project Manager but when I select a team member under the Foreman column, it does not show. Below are some short clips for reference: 

App
App & Data

Not sure how to solve this so any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 8 158
8 REPLIES 8

When you select a person, you go to their details view and you can see an inline list of the projects that they are manager on? And you just want to add another inline list for projects that they are foreman on? Is that correct?

If you set both [manager] and [foreman] as Ref columns, the system should have auto-generated 2 "Related..." columns in the person table, which would produce those 2 inline lists.

Hey Marc, 

Thanks for the response. Correct, so when in the Project Status view, I would like when a Team user is selected, it shows the Projects for that user wether they are the Project Manager or Foreman listed at the Project Detail level. 

While I do have a Ref for both Project Manager and Foreman, I don't see the 2 inline lists mentioned. Thanks for your help! 

Are both Related VCs visible and added to the detail view? Can you show some screenshots?

Absolutely! Please take a look here. Thanks again. 

I see that both [Related...] columns have "Show" selected. Are you using a Slice that you maybe forgot to add the 2nd Related column to? Or have you set a custom "Column Order" setting in the Detail view, that is missing the 2nd Related column?

I don't believe you can get an interactive dashboard to work how you're wanting, it only considers one Ref column for the "interactive" mode.

Negative, I'm not using a Slice. Should I be? As far as the Column Order, here's what I have. 

I was hoping it would allow me to use both Ref columns but it sounds like that won't be the case. 

Wrong detail view. I mean the team member detail view, where you see the 1 related list but not the other.

Update for you; we ended up not proceeding and removed the Team from the view. Thanks again for your help with this. 

Top Labels in this Space