Athlete App - Creating a view to see most recent medical/injury advice

Hi Community, 

One feature I'd like to add to our coaching app is to show our  sports coaches the most recent medical/injury advice about athletes who have an "on-going" injury.

I would like to achieve this by (I think)... 

1. Medical staff add a 'medical appointment' notes linking it to the athlete (only medical staff can add/delete). Within the 'medical appointment' table there are 2 columns with advice for the sports coach to follow - a) Do this b) Don't do this. 

2. Only the data from 'Do This' and 'Don't Do This' columns is displayed in a view called 'injuries' for all sports coaches to see. (example screenshots attached) 

3. All other data is about the appointment is only viewable by the medical team. 

4. The advice for 'Do This' and 'Don't Do This' might change with each appointment as an athletes begins to recover from their injury. 

Question... 

How should I make only the most recent data from 'Do This' and 'Don't Do This' columns for each injured athlete viewable in the 'Injuries' view? I feel it might be something using MAXROW and the date the appointment was added but I'm unsure how to use it and pick up most recent entry for each unique athlete with an 'on-going' injury (this is a yes/no column that the medical staff select when adding appointment notes). 

I hope I have explained it clearly, and I'm happy to share additional helpful information. 

Thank you Community. 

Detail of Injury ViewDetail of Injury ViewInjuries ViewInjuries View

Solved Solved
0 3 47
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think your understanding of using MAXROW() is correct.

You could create a slice called say "Injuries" with slice row  filter expression something like

[Key Column]= MAXROW("Table Name",  "Date updated", [Contact]=[_THISROW].[Contact])

The slice could have columns such as [Contact], [Date Updated], [Body Area], [Do This] and [Don't DO This]

Then you could base the "Injuries" view on this slice. You could try a card or table view to accommodate more information in the summary view.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think your understanding of using MAXROW() is correct.

You could create a slice called say "Injuries" with slice row  filter expression something like

[Key Column]= MAXROW("Table Name",  "Date updated", [Contact]=[_THISROW].[Contact])

The slice could have columns such as [Contact], [Date Updated], [Body Area], [Do This] and [Don't DO This]

Then you could base the "Injuries" view on this slice. You could try a card or table view to accommodate more information in the summary view.

Hi,

This is great thank you. It shows the most recent appointment notes for each athlete who has an on-going injury. 

I've used... 

[AppointmentID] = MAXROW("Medical Appointments", "Date of Appointment", AND([Contact] = [_THISROW].[Contact], [Ongoing]=true)) 

Simply added the end bit to also only show entries with an on-going injury. 

Thank you for your help 😀

You are welcome. Thank you for the update. Nice to know it works per your requirement. 

Top Labels in this Space