Attached USB Scanner

I am looking to change over from our current MySQL inventory system as it has become antiquated and crashes more often than not.  We use it for tracking Liqour inventory both scanning in and out during the shift. As admin there is a desktop portion that allows us to input received shipments and what not.  What I am unable to determine is if AppSheet allows for the use of a handheld gun style upc scanner as that is what we currently use instead of needing to pick up a phone or similiar to scan.  now you just scan the "in" upc and then your item for each item you are adding back into inventory at the end of a weekend or "out" for anything that goes out during a shift. 

Question: Can a USB scanner be used to scan items?

0 3 58
3 REPLIES 3

No, barcode scanning only works on mobile devices or external scanners that interact with the mobile device.  For more details you can read this article on Barcode Scanning

@LegendsNC wrote:

Can a USB scanner be used to scan items?

Afaik, those just write to any text field what they scan, like Macro keyboards, so it should work.

In other words, if you can open an email, scan a code, and the code is added as text on your email body... yes, you can use it with an AppSheet app

Only on mobile.  Desktop (i.e. Browser) versions of the app do not show the scanning capability at all.  Which I think was the question.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 4.46.21 PM.png

Top Labels in this Space