Attachment Archieves not working

Hello All , 

I need to store the attachments which i am generating in the workflow in one of my app.

I have selected the option of attach and archieve in the workflow setting also have given one folder path as shown in ss as it did not automatically create the folder for attachments archieves but even after doing all this attachments are not getting archieved and saved in folder.

what should i do to achieve what i need?

You help will be great.

Thanks in advance! 

Mangesh_Mundhe_0-1651752211292.png

Solved Solved
0 22 457
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can remove the first "/" I believe, but it looks good, does it work?

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Hello @Mangesh_Mundhe , try "/Attachments/" instead of "./Attachments"

Not working just tried

How about with "/Attachments" ?

no this one is not working ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

How about leaving it blank?

At first i kept it blank only but it did not store anything where the sheet is living....but it in the test app it auto create a attachment named folder , so i thought i should manually create the same kind of folder and specify the path but it is working

what should i do?

There should be an "appsheet" folder in your google drive, your app should be in a folder in there, and inside that folder, there should be an "Attachments" folder, could you look for that?

Also, where is your sheet living exactly?

Aaaalso, are you sure your documents are actually generating?

so the thing is my app is currently in  the customer drive folder....so i have one folder named same as app name and in there all the data is there...so should i create a appsheet folder in there and put this app folder in that one?

So all the data is there? what's the problem then? why should you do anything? hehe

all the data is there in that folder  but attachments generated using bots to attach in the mail those i want to store for later use ....but those are not getting archieved

did you get my point what i m saying?

Oh, when you said "All the data" I thought you found the missing attachments, if the attachments are being sent, they MUST be in a folder on the google drive of the owner of the app, you can use the search function in drive to look for the name of the documents, in case you're saving their names in a certain way.

i want to save archieve attachements in the folder where my app is ,,, what should i do?

I just saw thsese attachemnts are getting archieved in my drive but i want tem in the customers folder where the app data is currently living what should i do?

That's weird, to who does the app belong? to you or the client? it should default to the app folder in the owner's drive

I know this looks weird but the thing is the client needs all the attachments which are being generated in the app usage to be stored in the folder they have shared with us....so what we have done is we have directly moved the app folder in the folder they want the attachment to stored for their later later use....

so all the data of the app is now in their folder but the attachments which are being achieved are in my drive...

I think i need to change the default path

Mangesh_Mundhe_0-1651756027631.png

do you know how can change this because folder shared is not my drive but it is just a shared folder

I see, try setting a path to the shared folder FROM your drive 

/Form Publisher Output's Folder/SAP Business Partner Request/Attachments

like this right? 

You can remove the first "/" I believe, but it looks good, does it work?

no it did not work...should add "shared with me" before

Nice catch, so it works now then?

no man im sorry i accidently clicked the accept as solution in rush....there is something wrong in this path which i have sent earlier....because that folder is just shared so may be that is what is coming in the way...it did not archieve the attachment

Take a look at this post:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Set-workflow-attachment-path/m-p/376657/highlig...

I believe that's the answer you're looking for

Top Labels in this Space