Attachment Path Question - Having Issues with Subfolders

I am trying to get reports generated through automation to always dump into a specified folder. I figured out getting them into a specified folder, but multiple subfolders are being created inside the specified relative path.

Here's what i have in the archive path declaration:

Screenshot 2022-07-20 15.50.26.png

What i expect is for all files generated by this automation to be placed inside UserGeneratedSeenByProviderReports, but what i get is a path that is so long that Google Drive refuses to show it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Screenshot 2022-07-20 15.57.52.png

So how do i get my files to just be in that top level relative path i defined?

Thanks,

0 6 134
6 REPLIES 6

I noticed that there is a limit on the length of the file names, I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s from Google or from the appsheet side. maybe the same applies to folders

Thing is, it seems to be creating very short subfolder names. The way it is dividing the thing into folders that i didn't even request is quite puzzling ๐Ÿค”

It seems to me that the simplest thing you can try is to shorten the folder name and look at the result

I think @Marc_Dillon has the solution below. The dates in my file name have slashes and the slashes are crating subfolders.

Default date format has slashes in it. Slashes create subfolders when used in a file name. Remove the slashes from your dates, perhaps with TEXT().

Brilliant! I totally didn't think about that but it makes sense, it's creating subfolders because its encountering slashes! 

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space