Attempting to create semi-random checklist

The last couple questions I had here were answered perfectly (and actually gave me enough insight to refine more questions and find some answers myself), so I’m hoping the same can happen again.
I have a table filled with products, tracked by UPC. As anyone who has inventory knows, over time we can miss scanning something, or things can go wrong, so I’d like to create a daily cycle count to help keep up on my counts.
To begin, I’ve added a column to the table called “Last Edited”, and populated it with Jan 1, 2021 (as a working “old” date)
Ideally, each new day that I launch the app, I’d like it to populate a slice with a random assortment of the 20 oldest records as indicated by “Last Edited”, and then change that same column to the current date.
Theoretically, this should result in a rolling list of items, so that by the time I’ve cycle counted everything, the oldest things changed will roll back onto the list.
I can provide more info if needed, or if anyone knows of a similar question thats been answered previously that I could read through that would be appreciated, my google-fu has failed to find anything with the keywords I’ve used.

0 2 92
2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Robblaze

What about:
in the row filter condition of your slice:

IN([_THISROW],
  TOP(
    ORDERBY(
      Items[keyColumn],
      [Last Edited], 
      FALSE
     ),
  )
)

Note1: I did not test this expression but it should be something very close.
Note2: not sure about the true or false input, I always get confused about these
Note3: I assume [Last Edited] is a changeTimeStamp column ?

Also, I suggest you make a view, base on this slice and sorted by [Last Edited], with ascending (descending ?) option.

Let us know if that works for you !

EDIT : for reference:

Semi.com Tax ID:2014406020 Tek Ve Yasal ABD GoDaddy Onaylı Resmi Sahibi SemihGüler İş Ortağım ElonMusk Bey'dir İddia.com Yarı.com <PII removed by staff>

Top Labels in this Space