Audit History Alerts flooding my Inbox

I have audit history alerts activated for any errors that happen in my app. If a single user has one error it seems to flood my inbox with the exact same error message over and over again. Moreover, these error messages seem to keep being sent to me long after the user exits the app.

Is there any way of monitoring my app for errors without simultaneously flooding my inbox ?

0 8 250
8 REPLIES 8

This is my inbox on the another day.

insanity

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
  1. Fix the errors.

2. Setup email filters.

That does not work.

On the worst case, I receive exactly same error messages every min.

If we filter out the alert by mail setting, then question is why we have alter function ???

I agree, thereโ€™s no point in getting the email alerts if youโ€™re just going to filter them out. Itโ€™s like turning down the fire alarm because you donโ€™t like the sound. I want to be notified of the errors, I just donโ€™t want to have 40 emails for one error.

More generally, the error handling system doesnโ€™t make sense. If an error occurs:

1. the users arenโ€™t alerted and donโ€™t think anything is wrong.
  2. all of their subsequent changes to the app get lost.
  3. The only way to fix the errors is to reset the changes which writes all of those errors in JSON to text files <โ€”โ€” this also makes no sense. If itโ€™s written in JSON it should write it to a JSON file, not a text file.
  4. I digress
  5. I receive 90,000 emails about issues I canโ€™t fix without getting in touch with the user and asking them to reset their changes.

It would make a lot more sense if it automatically reset the change, wrote it to a recovery json file and present an error message modal to the user โ€˜Youโ€™re change was not saved due to a technical issue. Your administrator has been alertedโ€™.

That way the users donโ€™t lose all of their work and they arenโ€™t surprised when they see something missing. App owners donโ€™t get a tidal wave of emails and, instead get one email with a json file attached that they can use to fix the problem.

Hi @Jordan_Davis1
Can you share the error message email?

Sure thing, can I email it to you?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space