Audit log for each change

Hi, I'm working with Appsheet for a long time and I had never made an audit log or something like that, I'm using a free plan. 

Now I have to identify who make changes in the data, but the Monitor show me only 24h back.

So, Does anyone know how to create a sheet that automatic save the data has been change?

Solved Solved
0 4 370
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To create an audit log, you'd use Automation. Create a bot that responds to all changes to the table and adds a row to another table--to the log table--that includes the column values of the changed row you care to track. You can also add columns to your audit log to capture the email of the user and the current time stamp. You have to set all this up for each table you want to track.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This has to be manual, so you need this to be done with your own workaround, which is going to be as big as your need

Thanks for your answer. I knew that, but I thought that Appsheet cloud help me to do it faster.

I understand, but I think you need to understand better what are the strengs and quirks of AppSheet before, then you will understand that the tools provided are enough, but you need to be familiarized with them in order to come up with a workaround that fits your needs.

I haven't built something like a Log but even if I would I couldn't say there is a one-size-fits-all aproach

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To create an audit log, you'd use Automation. Create a bot that responds to all changes to the table and adds a row to another table--to the log table--that includes the column values of the changed row you care to track. You can also add columns to your audit log to capture the email of the user and the current time stamp. You have to set all this up for each table you want to track.

Top Labels in this Space