Audit log shows app sync with nearly every change

For the past ~2 months, we've noticed a significant increase on calls to our database from one of our Appsheet apps. I've been looking into the issue closely this month, and one thing I noticed is nearly every change that is done there is a corresponding app sync. We have delayed sync and automatic updates on as well as Server caching. We haven't changed any of these settings. I thought changes to the data were pushed to the database and did not require a sync, but I believe all these little app syncs add up and our causing slowness during busy times for us. Does anyone know if this is a recent change, or has it always been this way? 

Solved Solved
0 2 135
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Every change on the user's end does in fact produce a sync. If you have delayed sync enabled, the sync occurs in the background.

Anytime performance is a concern, the first thing to look at is your use of virtual columns, especially any that use FILTER()LOOKUP()MAXROW()MINROW(), or SELECT().

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Every change on the user's end does in fact produce a sync. If you have delayed sync enabled, the sync occurs in the background.

Anytime performance is a concern, the first thing to look at is your use of virtual columns, especially any that use FILTER()LOOKUP()MAXROW()MINROW(), or SELECT().

Thanks for the confirmation! I've removed a couple of virtual columns and flattened some tables (removed ref columns) to reduce the sync time and will likely do some more. I've also noticed some users were manually syncing despite the delayed sync which was not helping matters.

Top Labels in this Space