Auto-Reopen

With Auto-Reopen set to ON, when the form reopens the most important field [JobID] is blank, how can I set Auto-Reopen to retain the [JobID so it doesnโ€™t need to be re populated manually?

Cheers
3X_d_9_d94e2c40078a112e1335084c98ca5040c2f5fa1b.png

0 11 608
  • UX
11 REPLIES 11

How are you opening the initial Form? Are you using an action to navigate to it or are you using a Child inline table and tapping the Add button?

For a new record I use the default system Add, the user enteres the JobID as the first record. The user then uses the default Save which then the form re-opens and JobID is then blank.

Instead of auto-reopen, use a LINKTOFORM Action on Form Save.

Hi John

I have an Action called โ€œAdd Itemโ€ with the following:

LINKTOFORM(โ€œTicksheet_Formโ€, โ€œRefโ€, [JobID],โ€œJobIDโ€,[JobID])

And on the Form:

And when I save that record:

Still not populated unless I save the record and โ€ฆ then โ€ฆ use the Action which is displayed prominently.

What is โ€œRefโ€? Try it this way instead:

LINKTOFORM(โ€œTicksheet_Formโ€, โ€œJobIDโ€, [_THISROW].[JobID] )

Also, I did setup a test of a Parent/Child, and set the Child Form to Auo-Reopen. It works as expected reopening Child Forms and automatically populating the Parent ID.

Still the same result John.
Just to add this isnโ€™t a child form. Everything is on the same form and it is one table.

Understood. I just wanted to highlight it in case it was a possibility.

I have tested with a Form, table and action. Here is what I found:

1. If I simply turn on โ€œAuto-Reopenโ€ and then open a Form using the system Add, it will re-open the Form but will not carry the data values forward to next opening. I think this is as expected.

2. If apply @Marc_Dillon s approach - create an action with LINKTOFORM() and then attach to Form Save with Auto-Reopen off - The Form does re-open AND values are re-assigned upon opening. See images.

Action

LINKTOFORM("Category Options_Form", "Category", [Category])

NOTE: I did not need the [_THISROW] specifier.

Initial View - Note no Category K rows

Click Add button to get empty Form

Add Details

Click Save - Form relaunches with Category pre-filled

Back to Table view after adding a couple of Option rows for Category K

LINKTOFORM(โ€œTicksheet_Formโ€, โ€œJobIDโ€, [JobID])

This seems to do the trick John.

Thanks for your assistance.

LOL! I just edited the post and added a NOTE that I did not need to use the [_THISROW]. AppSheet is a little finicky about when itโ€™s needed and when its not.

We got there in the end John

Hi, I made something similar.  It works but I would like to land in the "Option" field after having saved, I'm using auto-save and I want to scan multiple barcodes ("Option") in the same bin ("Category"). Any idea how I can do this?

Already tried to invert the order but auto-save doesn't work even if they are both filled.

Top Labels in this Space