Auto Save & Auto Re-0pen

Hi All,

I want to use the Auto Save & Auto Re-0pen features to make it quicker to capture multiple images from a Mobile or tablet.

Richard_Hulbert_0-1662966547431.png

This works perfectly in the editor but does not work on my iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 15.6.1). 

is this possibly a bug?

Many thanks

Rich

@Aleksi @LeventK 

Solved Solved
0 19 1,392
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've confirmed the behavior is buggy and we'll look into it.

Until we have a fix I would recommend the following workaround:
In the form view definitions, turn off auto re-open and set the Event Action/Form Saved to "add" instead of "**auto**".

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

@lizlynch can you point this to anyone on the iOS development?

Will do. 

Hi @Richard_Hulbert ,

I'm not able to reproduce this in my own app.

Could you please make sure that auto advance is turned on (UX -> Options -> Forms -> Advance forms automatically) and that the image column is marked as required?
If the problem persists, could you please share more details about what isn't working? Is the camera not opening? Is the form not being reopened?
A screen capture video might help us understand where's the problem exactly.

Hi @Gil 

Surely if I turn on Advance forms automatically, that is a global setting so ALL forms will advance automatically?

Can you please explain how I can post a video as it says I do not have permission.

In answer to your question however, it is the form with the image field that is not re-opening on my iPhone/iPad but it does in the editor.

i hope this helps to get a swift resolution.

Many thanks

Can you try changing the finish view option to Automatic and see if that help?
Make sure you sync your app once after you make the change in the editor.

Hi @Gil 

I have tried this but it has made no difference. Sorry.

I see.

Would you mind if I take a look at your app? 
To do that I'll need the app's name and the name of the relevant view.
I'll also need you to to check the "Allow AppSheet staff to access all of my apps.." checkbox in My Account -> Settings.

Feel free to message me these details in a PM or in a support ticket with my name in the description

Hi @Gil 

I would be very happy for you to take a look. Iโ€™m a bit new to the this Q & A Forum so not sure how to PM, could you let me know please.? 

Also FYI, I have an update. The auto save / auto reopen does work if I just save the form without taking a photo, not much use though! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I know weโ€™re into the weekend now but happy to send PM tomorrow. 

Many thanks

FYI, from your user menu in the community page's header bar select "Messages" to go to the Private Messages (PM) page: https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/notes/privatenotespage

Hi All,

A quick update. It seems now that the editor on my Mac does not open the folder which has my test images in, has something changed?

I just have a quick test, found that the auto save & auto reopen for taking an image is worked fine in Android, and yes, it doesn't auto reopen if testing in iPAD. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ah! Thanks @aijac1314 I was beginning to think I was going mad! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Gil 

I've confirmed the behavior is buggy and we'll look into it.

Until we have a fix I would recommend the following workaround:
In the form view definitions, turn off auto re-open and set the Event Action/Form Saved to "add" instead of "**auto**".

Thanks @Gil , I can confirm that this works well for me.

Rich

ฤรฃ xแปญ lรฝ ฤ‘ฦฐแปฃc lแป—i nร y trรชn mobile chฦฐa?

This still doesn't work for me, using either method mentioned above.  This is a pretty huge bug, considering it leads to data loss and there is absolutely no indication the data isn't being saved.  

Are there any plans to actually fix this imminently?  If not, perhaps the option should be disabled until someone fixes this.

Hi @spotlightcanada,
I thought this issue was resolved and I'm not able to reproduce it now.  

Are you sure you're seeing the same issue as mentioned in the original post? Is it also iOS specific? Could you please share more details?

Seem it's not resolved

Auto-reopen won't open after auto-saved made

And above work-around I dont know how to populate the initial value. Could you please advise. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space