Auto set value when a view comes on screen?

Hi, 

Id like to auto set a value when a certain view comes on screen. Use case is being able to know if a user has read something. For example, a task can be assigned to a user, and there can be a column called read. When the detail view of that task is brought on screen and the current user matches the user assigned to the task, the task is automatically marked as read.

I know I would be able to do this with an action button labelled mark as read, but ideally I would like it to happen automatically. 

Solved Solved
0 2 151
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One workaround is  as below based on assumption that a user will always navigate to the detail view from the summary view such as table  or  deck view.

1) Create an action called say SetTaskRead of type "Data: Set the values of some columns in this row" and set the column [TaskRead] to TRUE ( [TaskRead] Column of Y/N type with the initial value FALSE) . Condition for this action[Email]=USEREMAIL()

2) Create a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW action called say GotoDetailView on the same table with an expression something like LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW( "Table_Details", [Table Key]=[_THISROW].[Table key])  Table_Details is detail view name

3) Group the actions SetTaskRead and GotoDetailView in this order in a group action called say "MarkReadnNavigate" . Keep all these three actions with prominence as "Do not display"

4) Set the "MarkReadnNavigate" as "row selected" event action in the table'ssummary view.

When the user navigates from summary view to detail view, it will set the column [TaskRead] to TRUE

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

One workaround is  as below based on assumption that a user will always navigate to the detail view from the summary view such as table  or  deck view.

1) Create an action called say SetTaskRead of type "Data: Set the values of some columns in this row" and set the column [TaskRead] to TRUE ( [TaskRead] Column of Y/N type with the initial value FALSE) . Condition for this action[Email]=USEREMAIL()

2) Create a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW action called say GotoDetailView on the same table with an expression something like LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW( "Table_Details", [Table Key]=[_THISROW].[Table key])  Table_Details is detail view name

3) Group the actions SetTaskRead and GotoDetailView in this order in a group action called say "MarkReadnNavigate" . Keep all these three actions with prominence as "Do not display"

4) Set the "MarkReadnNavigate" as "row selected" event action in the table'ssummary view.

When the user navigates from summary view to detail view, it will set the column [TaskRead] to TRUE

not a bad idea, I can see that working!

Top Labels in this Space