Auto update status of project based on dates

So I have various dates and wanted to update the status based on these dates. The status that I use are: Coming Soon, Active, TOM, Under Contract, Closed, Cancelled and Expired. I want the status to change automatically once it gets to those dates or if a date gets input manually like TOM, Under Contract, Closed or Cancelled.

Here's an image of what I was trying to do, but it didn't work and was getting errors 

SalmonTC_0-1655845360493.png

Anyone know what I am missing or how I can fix this ?

0 4 125
4 REPLIES 4

Remove from your expression the various instances of "[Property Status] =". The expression is in the app formula property for that column. So, the expression needs to return the value you want to populate the column. The expression is not, for example, a function that sets the value of a column that you specify with something like "[Column] = value".

So, I changed the expression and removed what you said and it seems like it works, but it doesn't update it on the app, It updates it when I edit the project or try to make a new project.
Here's the expression I used, maybe I need to make a behavior ? 

SalmonTC_0-1655882158282.png

Here is what it looks like I underlined what I'm trying to get updated automatically 

and here's what it shows when I click on edit on that same project 

SalmonTC_4-1655882425741.png

but I have to save it in order to show Active, I want it to automatically update it when the date is Active date. Is there a way to do this ?

Heres the image I missed on the top post 

image.png

Indeed, a column based on an App formula property is recalculated for a given row only when that row is edited in certain ways--it's not constantly recalculated in the background using the current value of a volatile function like TODAY.

There may be other techniques to accomplish what you need, but one to consider is creating a scheduled automation (e.g., nightly) that updates some column in each row solely for the purpose of forcing a recalculation. That column might have no other purpose; there's a good post on this technique from @MultiTech titled something like "Auto update system". For example, create a "Force recalculation" number column and schedule an automation to do something like add 1 to its value or multiply its value by -1.

Top Labels in this Space