Autofill Initial Value circular error

I have Parts Needed and Parts Master sheets. I would like to autofill some fields based on either of two inputs in form for Parts Needed. Below formulas work fine independently but adding both I get circular error. I understand why the error is occurring. But I would like to somehow allow the user to enter either the Part # or Description and have the other autofill. Is there any way to avoid this error and keep the functionality?

For Parts #:

Initial Value: ANY(SELECT(Parts Master List[Description],[Part #]=[_THISROW].[Part #]))     

Suggested Values: Parts Master List[Description]

For Description:

Initial Value: ANY(SELECT(Parts Master List[Part #],[Description]=[_THISROW].[Description])) 

Suggested Values: Parts Master List[Part #]

0 3 99
3 REPLIES 3

One Idea..

Create

• a ENUM column for the use to select either Part # or Description.
  • a text col to show a dropdown of Part # or Description depending on the selection above.

You can fill your Part # and Description cols based on the second text col. 

I had to put the expressions in App Formula rather than in Initial value (do not know why..)

IF(
 [selection] = "D",
 ANY(SELECT(prod[prod_id],[name]=[_THISROW].[Choose])),
 [Choose]
)

TeeSee1_0-1658297949737.png

TeeSee1_1-1658298080073.png

Thanks @TeeSee1 .  That worked.  I have both columns populating now based on the Choose column.  

Is there a way to clear out the Choose column if users toggle back and forth between Selection buttons?

RESET on EDIT does not seem to work..

So I do not know how you can do that, unfortunately.

Top Labels in this Space