Autofill entry from data on another data sheet

Erel

Hi guys,

Need some help.

I have created a data sheet with a list of jobs and their details. I have also created a risk assessment form. I then when you click on the job, created an action button which takes you to complete a risk assessment. I have a job number field on both.

I would like to have it so when I click create risk assessment action from that job, it pulls the job number which is already filled in the job details to the risk assessment where I have a job no field.

Is this possible?

0 5 401
5 REPLIES 5

You can use LINKTOFORM deep link for your action. It could be like…
LINKTOFORM(“Risk_Assessment_Form”,“Job no”,[Job no])

I’m still having a bit of difficulty.

My list of jobs sheet is called ‘Jobs’
This has a field called ‘Job Id’

I have a working action on the ‘Jobs’ sheet which takes me to the ‘point of work risk assessment’ form.
This form has a field named ‘Job No.’

So I’m trying to get the ‘Job Id’ field from the jobs sheet to automatically fill in the ‘Job No.’ field on the ‘point of work risk assessment’ once pressing the action button on the ‘Jobs’ sheet which takes me to the ‘point of work risk assessment form’.

I tried your suggested formula as:
LINKTOFORM(“Jobs”,“Job Id” ,[Job No.])

I entered that formula on the Job No. field on the Point of Work Risk Assessment field.

Not sure when I am going wrong?

Try… LINKTOFORM(“point of work risk assessment”,“Job No.”,[Job Id])

Still can’t seem to work this out.

Just to confirm, where should I entering this formula?

You should add this formula into the “Target” option in your action and the option “Do this” should have “go to another view withing this app”.

Top Labels in this Space