Autofill entry from data on another data sheet

Erel

Hi guys,

Need some help.

I have created a data sheet with a list of jobs and their details. I have also created a risk assessment form. I then when you click on the job, created an action button which takes you to complete a risk assessment. I have a job number field on both.

I would like to have it so when I click create risk assessment action from that job, it pulls the job number which is already filled in the job details to the risk assessment where I have a job no field.

Is this possible?

0 5 400
5 REPLIES 5

You can use LINKTOFORM deep link for your action. It could be likeโ€ฆ
LINKTOFORM(โ€œRisk_Assessment_Formโ€,โ€œJob noโ€,[Job no])

Iโ€™m still having a bit of difficulty.

My list of jobs sheet is called โ€˜Jobsโ€™
This has a field called โ€˜Job Idโ€™

I have a working action on the โ€˜Jobsโ€™ sheet which takes me to the โ€˜point of work risk assessmentโ€™ form.
This form has a field named โ€˜Job No.โ€™

So Iโ€™m trying to get the โ€˜Job Idโ€™ field from the jobs sheet to automatically fill in the โ€˜Job No.โ€™ field on the โ€˜point of work risk assessmentโ€™ once pressing the action button on the โ€˜Jobsโ€™ sheet which takes me to the โ€˜point of work risk assessment formโ€™.

I tried your suggested formula as:
LINKTOFORM(โ€œJobsโ€,โ€œJob Idโ€ ,[Job No.])

I entered that formula on the Job No. field on the Point of Work Risk Assessment field.

Not sure when I am going wrong?

Tryโ€ฆ LINKTOFORM(โ€œpoint of work risk assessmentโ€,โ€œJob No.โ€,[Job Id])

Still canโ€™t seem to work this out.

Just to confirm, where should I entering this formula?

You should add this formula into the โ€œTargetโ€ option in your action and the option โ€œDo thisโ€ should have โ€œgo to another view withing this appโ€.

Top Labels in this Space