Automate deletion of events on Google Calendar?

Hi there, new to AppSheet and liking it more as I get the hang of it.  A question for you fine humans.

I've built an app that automates the creation of events in Google Calendar.  To do this, I am using an Action of type "add new row to another table using values from this row".  I am now moving to the automated deletion of items in Google Calendar and looking for advice regarding the best way to accomplish this.

In an ideal world, during event creation, I would get back the unique ID of the created calendar item in Google Calendar and store that in my app, so then if I need to delete one of the items, I'd have an unambiguous reference.  I don't see that this is an option using built in actions.  The Google Calendar items can be made read-only, so perhaps to safely perform a deletion I could search for an event with the same Title, Start and End, and delete that.  Or perhaps I should do this as JSON calls where I might have more influence on the process an be able to capture that unique ID I am wishing for.

Any suggestions?

0 1 239
1 REPLY 1

I have not integrated Google Calendar in any of my apps so sorry if i tell something wrong but have you tried the Action to execute an Action on a set of rows and selecting DELETE ACTION and Row as your Unique ID of the event

Top Labels in this Space