Automated daily email that includes a random row from a table

Hi All,

I am using the Automation function for a Bot to send an email each morning from a table in a sheet of data I've produced.

I have been able to successfully automate the email but, am having trouble creating an expression within the task to include the right content for the daily email. I either receive individual emails of every single row in my table at the time triggered or I receive one email without any content from my table.

Can someone help provide an expression I could use so that the email includes a random row from the table each day?

For context: I have a list of quotes, insights and takeaways from books and articles I've read and I want to receive a daily email of one row so I'm reminded of one learning each day.

Thanks in advance!
Best,

Alex

0 2 140
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the community!

ANY(myTable[keyColumn])

ANY() | AppSheet Help Center 

In your scheduled event you can toggle ForEachRowInTable ON, then enter an expression in Filter Condition to specify a random row ID; for example considering you have an integer column for Quote #, and [Quote#] is Key column in Quotes table, you could use RANDBETWEEN(1,100) to return a random quote from 100 existing Quotes.

Top Labels in this Space