Automated field update on saving a record cross table.

I have an app that tracks a running balance of camp sessions. A member buys say 10 camp sessions and then uses them over time by attending the camp thus reducing the available sessions.

I have a form that transacts the "use" of the session balance and can also "add" additional sessions when the balance is low or runs out. In some ways like an inventory of camp sessions.

I would like the form to update the "use" and/or "add" number when transacted. The form transaction is saved to a table of all camp session per member. Each member has a record in a separate table which includes the balance of sessions for the each member. 

I would like the form to update the camp balance for the member at the same time the add or use transaction is stored to the table. It seems the form is completed by the save button and I am having difficulty creating an automation to update the camp session balance in the member table.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 1 60
1 REPLY 1

Each Form view has a Behavior section and within that is a "Form Saved" property.  You can attach actions to this property that are executed once Save is tapped on the Form.

Since you need to apply updates from one table to another, you will need a few actions, most likely. to properly transition between tables.  You are probably also going to need the INPUT() function.  It allows for passing of values between actions.  This function is noted in the documentation as still being in Beta and there are a handful of apps that have not received this capability yet.   Those that use it in their live apps have stated they are not seeing any major issues.  If you find it is available to you, which I think you will, ust it!  It will save a lot of implementation time.

If the INPUT() function is not available, you will need to build your own mechanism to pass values...not too terrible.  Come back here if you have questions.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space