Automation Bot: Add multiple new rows at one time

Hello, I am currently working on Automation Bots. When a user answers yes to a data field I am trying to have the automation bot add multiple new rows to a "Task" table. Essentially having multiple tasks populate to the user's task list when they select yes to a checklist item. 

Currently, the bot is only adding the "Call Firm Lead Prospect" to the "Task" table but they are not adding the "Email Firm Lead Prospect" to the "Task" table. Is there a way to have the bot add both at once or do I have to create a different bot to perform each one separately? Screenshots attached. 

Thanks in advance.Screenshot 2024-03-15 7.20.59 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-15 7.20.49 PM.png

Solved Solved
0 5 168
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My testing showed that one can add two "row add" action steps in a single bot. The two bot steps adding two rows to a single table ran successfully.

1st Step as below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1710578830165.png

2nd Step as below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1710578891101.png

The rows added by the bot are below highlighted in turquoise 

You can see the [Quantity], [Product ID] have changed as per 1st and 2nd step in the bot steps. The [Ordder ID] which is reference of parent is same because two records are added with reference to one parent record and [OrderDetail ID] , which is the key of the child table is set uniquely for the two records. [Total] is a computed column so it need not be set in the bot.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_4-1710579341216.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

My testing showed that one can add two "row add" action steps in a single bot. The two bot steps adding two rows to a single table ran successfully.

1st Step as below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1710578830165.png

2nd Step as below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1710578891101.png

The rows added by the bot are below highlighted in turquoise 

You can see the [Quantity], [Product ID] have changed as per 1st and 2nd step in the bot steps. The [Ordder ID] which is reference of parent is same because two records are added with reference to one parent record and [OrderDetail ID] , which is the key of the child table is set uniquely for the two records. [Total] is a computed column so it need not be set in the bot.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_4-1710579341216.png

Thank you. It looks like I did everything the same as you originally but for some reason the bot only would add one "row add" action step. I must have missed something the first time because when I deleted the bot and added a new one it is now adding both "row add" action steps. 

Thank you for the update and you are welcome.  Such concluding updates are really useful for anyone reading the post thread in future. Good to know, it is working now for you.

I am having the same issue. I deleted the bot and readded it, but that unfortunately didn't fix the issue. It appears as though both bots are running, but the second bot is overwriting the data in the cell that the first bot filled. Did you figure out what the difference was that fixed it for you?

I unfortunately do not know what the issue was. I deleted the bot and then re-added a new one, I am pretty sure I did everything the same and then it started to initiate both of the actions. Sorry, I wish I could give a better answer.

Top Labels in this Space