Automation - Bots - Send email to Userrole Admin

Hi Guys

Is it possible to send email to admin from a bot?

I tried USERROLE()=admin, did not work

Thanks for your time!

Solved Solved
0 6 351
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm sorry that I find it difficult to follow your train of thought. I think I understand what you want, but you ask the system the have knowledge of a a variable group of users in different circumstances without defining them. 

With bots it's quite easy if you create a Google workspace email group to be on the receiving end. To hide/show columns I can't think of another way than using specific email adresses as the user does not log on as a group.

Without having informational through a table that a user is part of an admin group, I don't understand how AppSheet could ever know this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @sathishk,

Is "admin" in this case the creator of the app? If so, isn't it always a fixed adress?

Hi @Ratatosk 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, owner is the default admin.

Also we can mark other users as admin.

This is very useful when i want to hide / show columns or views only based on USERROLE()= Admin. I want to extend this usefulness to Bots emails as well, if possible.

For my bot I want to add more admins and new admin will receive notification from the bots as well.

I want to avoid creating a seperate user table for this bot.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry that I find it difficult to follow your train of thought. I think I understand what you want, but you ask the system the have knowledge of a a variable group of users in different circumstances without defining them. 

With bots it's quite easy if you create a Google workspace email group to be on the receiving end. To hide/show columns I can't think of another way than using specific email adresses as the user does not log on as a group.

Without having informational through a table that a user is part of an admin group, I don't understand how AppSheet could ever know this.

Google group email distribution list is a great idea, thanks a lot

@Ratatosk wrote:

I'm new to appsheet and faced the same problem. I dont understand this part. When you add users to Appsheet you invite by email and u set if the user is Admin or User, so it makes sense that you can get the emails of the USERROLE() = "Admin"

To use an expression function or a template variable to return information about users other than the following, you need a users table. See SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community.

Top Labels in this Space