Automation - Change Value based on date

Hi. I'm working on an app that tracks newspaper deliveries. In addition to tracking client subscriptions, I also need to track vacations (stops and restarts) for when a subscriber is away from home. I've messed around with the automation and can't seem to get this to work. Not even sure if the automation can do this task.

But what I need is a daily check of the "Vacation Restart Date" column for today's date, then set the Vacation Stop to "No", and, if possible, reset the Vacation Stop Date and Vacation Restart Date back to blank. I've attached a screenshot. Thank you for your help, time, and patience.

Screenshot.jpg

โ€ƒ

Solved Solved
0 4 110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@TJCobb1 wrote:

daily

Scheduled event

@TJCobb1 wrote:

check of the "Vacation Restart Date" column for today's date

Branch on a condition step

@TJCobb1 wrote:

set the Vacation Stop to "No", and, if possible, reset the Vacation Stop Date and Vacation Restart Date back to blank

Run a data action step to set row values

If you're already configured your automation as outlined here, I suggest you elaborate or illustrate precisely what's not working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

please create a virtual column

if([Vacation Restart Date] = today(), NO, YES)

Hi khangLixil, thank you for your time. I should be able to make the process work now.

@TJCobb1 wrote:

daily

Scheduled event

@TJCobb1 wrote:

check of the "Vacation Restart Date" column for today's date

Branch on a condition step

@TJCobb1 wrote:

set the Vacation Stop to "No", and, if possible, reset the Vacation Stop Date and Vacation Restart Date back to blank

Run a data action step to set row values

If you're already configured your automation as outlined here, I suggest you elaborate or illustrate precisely what's not working.

Hi Dbaum,

Thank you for your time. The links you provided helped. I understand the process a bit more now. I should be able to get the automation to work from here.

Top Labels in this Space